måndag 6 december 2010

There is more to life than simply increasing its speed.

Someone once told me to prioritize my life, freedom- or the glory of a high education... If there was to come a day when these two paths would separate, would I then be brave enough to choose the one I really yearn for? Though, would it really be courage, or just mere foolishness?
Would I be a fool to do as I so much yearn for: apply for a spot at a local shop of some sort and just live for the moment, or should I- against my inner wishes- carry through with the education, in the hope of something greater... Something to be proud of?.. *A glorious but lonely life?* Isn't that what it all is about in the end? Become a "pro", and forget the wish for having a real family, a happy relationship? I mean, look at them all, world wide known surgeons, lawyers, professors... all alone, almost every single one of them. Loneliness indeed is very frightening... No matter which path you choose to follow, you're brave huh?
''Is it your life or everyone else's?'' Is another question he posed. It is true, thus I had never before thought about this, as Ghandi once said: "A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble" - This is what I've been doing all my life, uttered "yes" in order to avoid conflicts with others. But, if I keep on bending and shaping myself into everyone else's molds, what will my life turn out like? Good question ne :o
Well, for all I know, I'm loosing the hold of my reality, my structure, and my security. But it feels good, "the bubble which I once created around of me, has now burst, and left me in this whole new world which I cannot wait to explore". :) "the world of an almost adult" ;D Well, well, we'll see what this life eventually has to offer me ^^ Good Night peeps´~

Inga kommentarer: